Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Years in Siagon



January 1,2012

I was a bit off my game this NYs. I hate to make excuses, but I caught a cold back in Pleiku and I thought if I was careful I could out run it.  Unfortunately I was wrong.  It's not really the cold that got me in the end, it was the Bronchitis that followed.  So, I've been staying close to the hotel room and taking it easy this whole week.  Which is why I had time to work on getting this blog set up.
NYs wasn't a total loss,  Nick invited me out to a very nice dinner and though I was moving a little slower than usual I did have a nice time.  The fact is, by the end of the evening I knew I was in for it.  You know that feeling when the energy level just drops out from under you and you don't want to do anything but just lay down? Well I was trying to be graceful about it, but at one point even Nick said I didn't look so good. (well, not that that was ever in any real doubt)

Traffic was so gridlocked that I had to walk to the party.


I got a couple of shots on the way.


 Dinner was very french.



Nick and his wife Bao are on the far right.
 Hanging out after dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment